Duke women's basketball 2024-25 player preview: Louann Battiston

Guard Louann Battiston will look to play a bigger role for Duke women's basketball in her second year.

With the college basketball season right around the corner, it's time for the Blue Zone to break down the 2024-25 Duke women's basketball roster. We previously looked at Jenessa Cotton and Jordan Wood. Next up is Louann Battiston:

Louann Battiston

Year: Sophomore

Height: 5-foot-5

Position: Guard

Last year’s stat line: 2.4 MPG, 0.6 PPG, 1.2 APG

Game breakdown: Battiston, a sophomore out of Montigny le Tilleil, Belgium, is gearing up for her second season with Duke. She enters the 2024-25 campaign coming off a promising display in the Euro U20 tournament for her home nation over the summer. During the tournament she averaged an impressive 9.6 points, four rebounds, 3.6 assists and even 1.6 steals per game. With a combination of shifty offense, creative playmaking and scrappy defense, Battiston led Belgium all the way to the championship game. Although the team ultimately came up short against the Netherlands, there were plenty of positives to take away from her performances. 

As we enter the college basketball season, Battiston will look to channel her momentum from the summer and build on the skills she developed with the national team. Her ability to find an open shooter and play tight defense could prove useful as she looks to see more game time with the Blue Devils this year.

Role on the team: Earning minutes as a Duke guard is no easy task this season, as the Blue Devils are very deep at the position. Given what Battiston has shown in the past, she should be a solid depth piece that could grow into a bigger role in the coming seasons while she continues to develop as a player.

Share and discuss “Duke women's basketball 2024-25 player preview: Louann Battiston” on social media.