Duke women's basketball player preview: Jadyn Donovan

Returning guard/forward Jadyn Donovan will make an even larger impact for Duke in her sophomore season.

With college basketball season right around the corner, it's time for the Blue Zone to break down the 2024-25 Duke women's basketball roster. We previously looked at Jenessa Cotton, Jordan Wood, Louann Battiston, Riley Nelson, Arianna Roberson, Delaney Thomas, Emma Koabel, Vanessa de Jesus, Toby Fournier and Ashlon Jackson. Next up is dynamic sophomore Jadyn Donovan:

Jadyn Donovan

Year: Sophomore

Height: 6-foot

Position: Guard/Forward

Last year’s stat line: 22.2 MPG, 6.3 PPG, 5.7 RPG

Game breakdown: The Washington native is a dynamic force on both ends of the court for Duke. Donovan appeared in all 34 games last season, with 32 starts, and has proven herself a reliable presence. Averaging 6.3 points, 5.7 rebounds, 1.4 steals and 1.2 blocks per game, she consistently impacted the game with her versatility.

Defensively, Donovan uses her athleticism to shut down perimeter players or contest shots in the paint. Last season, she was one of three Duke players to record over 40 blocks, demonstrating her ability to disrupt offenses. On the boards, Donovan’s tenacity shines through, especially in her rebounding prowess. The Sidwell Friends alumna led her team in rebounds 13 times last season, and she posted a career-high 15 boards in a win against Syracuse, with 11 coming in a dominant first half. Her knack for grabbing rebounds on both ends, whether securing second-chance points or closing out defensive possessions, is crucial.

Offensively, Donovan is efficient, shooting an impressive 54.9% from the field. Her ability to score in the paint and finish around the rim makes her a valuable asset, especially in transition or cuts to the basket. 

Role on the team: In her second season, Donovan will look to build on her previous year’s success and make an even greater impact on the court. The sophomore should start most games and see a lot of minutes this season. Her ability to play in multiple positions will allow her to continue to serve as a versatile two-way player for Duke.

Share and discuss “Duke women's basketball player preview: Jadyn Donovan” on social media.