Freshman center Arianna Roberson to miss 2024-25 women's basketball season with knee injury

Freshman Arianna Roberson is a five-star recruit and the 19th-ranked prospect in the class of 2024.

Duke’s frontcourt just lost a key piece. 

Arianna Roberson, the 19th-ranked prospect in the class of 2024, will miss the entirety of the 2024-25 season with a knee injury, the team reported Thursday afternoon. She suffered the injury at the 2024 FIBA 3x3 U18 World Cup this summer. 

The 6-foot-4 five-star center would have been a versatile piece to the Blue Devil frontcourt with the departures of Kennedy Brown and Camilla Emsbo after last season. She is the only listed center on the roster, so head coach Kara Lawson may have to go smaller. However, the team has a plethora of talented guards and wings to complement the talent down low. 

In Roberson’s absence, fellow freshmen Toby Fournier and Janessa Cotton could see increased minutes, along with sophomores Delaney Thomas and Jordan Wood. 

Duke kicks off its season Nov. 4 at home against Radford. 

Ranjan Jindal profile
Ranjan Jindal | Sports Editor

Ranjan Jindal is a Trinity junior and sports editor of The Chronicle's 120th volume.

Share and discuss “Freshman center Arianna Roberson to miss 2024-25 women's basketball season with knee injury” on social media.