One and done: Angela Salvadores signs with Spanish professional team Avenida after first season for Duke women's basketball

<p>Angela Salvadores will play professionally near her home town in Spain after one season in Durham.&nbsp;</p>

Angela Salvadores will play professionally near her home town in Spain after one season in Durham. 

Seven Blue Devils have left for the NBA after their freshman years in the last six seasons, and Duke now has its first official one-and-done player on the women’s side.

Freshman point guard Angela Salvadores signed a three-year contract this week to play professionally for Perfumerias Avenida Salamanca in Spain, the team announced Thursday. Salvadores announced April 1 that she would be leaving Durham after just one season to pursue a pro career in Europe the same day star sophomore Azurá Stevens announced she will transfer from Duke.

The 5-foot-10 point guard started 15 games for the Blue Devils, averaging 8.7 points per game and leading the team with 3.3 assists per game. She stepped into a bigger role when Stevens missed much of February with a torn plantar fascia, scoring 12.3 points per contest during Stevens’ seven-game absence.

Salamanca, Spain, is just a two-hour drive south of Salvadores’ hometown of León, Spain, and Avenida is the team Salvadores grew up wanting to play for, according to a release.

Salvadores already has plenty of international experience under her belt, competing for Spain in several FIBA tournaments in her age group. In the summer of 2014, she poured in 40 points on 16-of-29 shooting in the FIBA U17 championship in a losing effort against the United States and was named MVP of the tournament after averaging 19.9 points, 7.4 rebounds, 3.7 steals and 3.6 assists in seven games.

Share and discuss “One and done: Angela Salvadores signs with Spanish professional team Avenida after first season for Duke women's basketball” on social media.