2015-16 Duke women's basketball preview: Crystal Primm

Crystal Primm 

• Year: Freshman
  • Height: 5-foot-11
  • Position: Guard

Game Breakdown: Ranked as the 10th-best guard in the Class of 2015, Primm boasts an impressive shooting ability that marks her as a threat from the wing. Primm averaged 20.4 points per game during senior year of high school, while shooting better than 40-percent from long-range. The West Palm Beach, Fla., native is an efficient scorer and shot 54-percent from the field during her senior year at Oxbridge Academy. She also possesses an exceptional rebounding ability that brought her 9.3 boards per contest last year. 

The three-time All-State selection is known for her explosive abilities that allow her to blow by defenders and create opportunities in the paint. Primm has big size for a guard, which makes her a legitimate scoring threat from anywhere on the floor.  Her physique will also help her become one of the better defenders on the Duke roster. 

Role on the team: Primm scored 16 points in the Blue/White scrimmage on 7-of-12 shooting from the field, showing that she can be an immediate contributor for the Blue Devil offense. Duke has a number of options at the guard position, so expect Primm to split time on the wing with freshman Haley Gorecki and redshirt sophomore Rebecca Greenwell. Primm will be a frequently utilized target for incoming guards Angela Salvadores and Kyra Lambert and will play a prominent role in the offense for the Blue Devils. 

Projected Statline: 6.5 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 2.0 APG, 1.5 SPG

Share and discuss “2015-16 Duke women's basketball preview: Crystal Primm ” on social media.