SPORTSWRAP: Mind Your Banners

This week's edition of Sportswrap features the 2015 NCAA championship banner won by Duke men's basketball in April. The banner was officially revealed in the rafters of Cameron Indoor Stadium Saturday night at the Blue Devils' annual Countdown to Craziness showcase. Sportswrap is your one-stop-shop for everything that happened in the world of Duke athletics.

Duke men's basketball unveils banner, new-look roster at Countdown to Craziness: When the lights went down and the curtain went up, this year’s expectations were officially enshrined in the rafters of Cameron Indoor Stadium, as Duke hung its 2015 NCAA championship banner at Countdown to Craziness.

McCallie offers $1,000 to craziest fan at Duke women's basketball game against Army: In 2013, Kansas State tried to lure students to a home women's basketball game with the promise of free bacon. Duke head coach Joanne P. McCallie is trying to take the incentives game to an entirely new level.

Queens of Tobacco Road: Duke women's soccer upsets North Carolina: Thanks to a late first-half goal from sophomore Imani Dorsey and a stalwart defensive performance, Duke upset No. 7 North Carolina 1-0 at Fetzer Field to notch its third-ever win in the series and the first since 2005.

Offense comes to life as Mathers' hat trick powers Duke men's soccer past N.C. State: Senior Zach Mathers recorded his first career hat trick—the first by a Duke player since 2011—as the floodgates finally opened for an offense that has spent the last month seeking efficiency.

Duke volleyball sweeps Notre Dame to snap two-game skid: Following a rough recent stretch, the Blue Devils took down Notre Dame in straight sets, shaking off their two most recent losses to pick up a much-needed conference victory.

No. 25 Louisville downs Duke volleyball to remain unbeaten in ACC play: Although both teams put down 47 kills, Duke's 16 attack errors—seven more than were committed by the Cardinals—loomed large in the loss.

Duke field hockey falls to 2-3 in ACC play with loss at North Carolina: Rose Tynan's goal was not enough for the Blue Devils, who dropped their fourth straight contest in the Tobacco Road rivalry Friday in Chapel Hill.

Mackintire's game-winner sends Duke field hockey past No. 18 James Madison in OT:After allowing a goal with three minutes left in regulation, the Blue Devils were faced with their fourth sudden-death overtime of the season. But Duke onlyneeded less than a minute of extra time to rally its offense and put away the Dukes Sunday.

Thompson places seventh for Duke cross country at NCAA Pre-Nationals: Duke went to E.P. Tom Sawyer Park in Louisville, Ky., and turned in a slew of personal-best times. The men's squad finished 17th in a field of 42 teams—11 of which are nationally ranked—and the women's squad finished 26th out of 45 teams.

Quote of the Week:

“The last time we beat North Carolina in 2005, I had brown hair. Now obviously it’s not brown anymore"
—Duke women's soccer head coach Robbie Church

Share and discuss “SPORTSWRAP: Mind Your Banners” on social media.