Coach K supports Pacers star Paul George on Final Four weekend off day

Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski has been busy preparing to slow down the nation's most efficient offense in Monday's national title game, but the Team USA head coach still took a break to visit Indiana star Paul George Sunday.

According to several reports and the Pacers' Twitter account, Krzyzewski visited the star forward—who broke his leg in a Team USA scrimmage in August and made his season debut Sunday—and took in the game courtside while in Indianapolis.

Krzyzewski and the Blue Devils will take on Wisconsin Monday night at 9:18 p.m. at Lucas Oil Stadium, which is down the street from BankersLife Fieldhouse, the home arena of the Pacers.

Twitter Tweet

Krzyzewski was asked at his Sunday press conference in Indianapolis about his relationship with George and said the two communicate often despite their busy schedules,

"Paul and I have developed a great friendship. We correspond all the time. We did yesterday," Krzyzewski said. "He's handled everything magnificently. We're anxious to have him come out when we meet this summer in mid-August. It's not a training camp, but we'll have three days where we bring all the guys who might be on the Olympic team in Las Vegas. Certainly Paul will be part of that group."

Krzyzewski and George have been connected in several headlines this year, as an image of the two embracing in the hospital after George broke his leg went viral on social media. Shortly after, Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski wrote a column suggesting that Krzyzewski orchestrated the picture to boost his image—comments that Krzyzewski addressed at his first press conference of the season.

George visited the Blue Devil locker room after Duke knocked off Michigan State Nov. 18 at BankersLife Fieldhouse in the Champions Classic and like many other NBA stars, seems to have a special bond with Krzyzewski from his experience on Team USA.

Keep up with the Blue Zone for all your Duke basketball news as the Blue Devils prepare to make a run at their fifth national title Monday night.

Ryan Hoerger contributed reporting.

Share and discuss “Coach K supports Pacers star Paul George on Final Four weekend off day” on social media.