Winter Concert Preview

Week of 1/19-1/25: Dexter Romweber—1/21 at The Pinhook

· Rockabilly guru Romweber returns to the Triangle Area in what is sure to be an excellent time. Romweber blends country, rock and bluegrass, and his shows are notable for their high intensity and fun vibes. Romweber will be joined by musicians Melissa Swingle and Reese McHenry.

Youtube Player

Week of 1/26-2/1: Parquet Courts—1/26 at Kings Barcade

· Parquet Courts is currently on tour promoting their two new albums released in 2014. The Brooklyn band has been acclaimed for their songwriting, and Kings Barcade should prove to be a wonderfully intimate venue for their brand of rock.

Youtube Player

Week of 2/2-2/8: Diana Ross—2/6 at DPAC

· Do I even need to say why? The Supremes frontwoman and dance floor diva makes her premiere appearance at DPAC, and she is not to be missed. Ross is a living legend, and she will be performing a roster of her greatest hits.

Youtube Player

Week of 2/9-2/15: Lydia Loveless—2/11 at MotorCo Music Hall

· Ohio singer Loveless released her third album “Something Else” in February 2014. Her particular brand of roots rock is influenced by Emmylou Harris and Loretta Lynn, among others. She is known for her excellent songwriting, guitar playing and interesting covers (check out her cover of Echo and the Bunnymen’s “The Killing Moon” on the AV Club).

Youtube Player

Week of 2/16-2/22: Lucero—2/18 at Cat’s Cradle

· Lucero is a Memphis band that performs a unique blend of country and punk. They released their excellent album “Texas and Tennessee” in 2013 and will be joined by folk artist Ryan Bingham and the band Twin Forks.

Youtube Player

Week of 2/23-3/1: Bedowyn—2/28 at Kings Barcade

· Bedowyn, the Raleigh metal band, re-emerges after a two-year-long creative renewal process. They come to Kings Barcade to unveil their latest album and to unleash their doom-like guitar thrashing. Bedowyn will be joined by like-minded groups Walpyrgus, Lamperjaw and Horseskull.

Youtube Player

Week of 3/2-3/8: The Gaslight Anthem—3/4 at Cat’s Cradle

· New Jersey band The Gaslight Anthem comes to Cat’s Cradle playing their Springsteen-influenced arena rock. Whether their grand sonic ambitions will be able to reconcile with the relatively small performance space remains to be seen. The band’s last album, “Get Hurt,” was released last August.

Youtube Player

Share and discuss “Winter Concert Preview” on social media.