3-star recruit Williams commits to Duke football

Head coach David Cutcliffe has added yet another player to his already stacked 2016 recruiting class.

Three-star cornerback prospect Antone Williams from Atlanta announced his verbal commitment to Duke on Twitter Monday evening.

Twitter Tweet

Williams attends Woodward Academy in College Park, Ga., the same high school that produced Juwan Thompson, who played under Cutcliffe for four years before going on to play running back for the Denver Broncos.

He could eventually replace sophomore corners Breon Borders and Bryon Fields, or slide into one of the three safety spots in Jim Knowles' 4-2-5 defense that was one of the best scoring defenses in the nation this season.

Williams also held offers from Kentucky, Wisconsin, Virginia Tech, Syracuse and Wake Forest. His commitment is the fourth of the 2016 recruiting class, which is ranked 16th and third in ACC by recruiting website 247Sports.

A trio of four-star players in running back Elijah Deveaux, wide receiver Scott Bracey and tight end Mark Birmingham currently anchor the class, which already has the potential to become one of most talented and heralded recruiting classes in Duke football history.

Share and discuss “3-star recruit Williams commits to Duke football” on social media.