Duke basketball makes regular season debut in LeBron 12's

Cavaliers star LeBron James is a devout Ohio State Buckeye fan, but if he keeps giving to Duke basketball like this, he could have to answer to Thad Matta.

The Blue Devils received custom LeBron 12's for their season debut Friday night against Presbyterian and played extremely well, dominating the Blue Hose 113-44.

Twitter Tweet

The 69-point margin of victory was the third-largest in Duke history and after the Blue Devils' win, James publicly expressed his support for teammate Kyrie Irving's former team on Instagram.

Generic Script

James has a great relationship with Duke because of his time playing for Team USA and Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski, but his public message after scoring 41 points to spark Cleveland's 122-121 comeback win against Boston shows how much he appreciates the Blue Devils using his latest shoe.

Associate coach Jeff Capel also gave James a public thank you for letting Duke debut in the LeBron 12's.

Twitter Tweet

The Blue Devils will take the court for its second contest of the season Saturday night against Fairfield at 8 p.m. at Cameron Indoor Stadium and look to continue impressing the game's best with an encore performance.

Share and discuss “Duke basketball makes regular season debut in LeBron 12's” on social media.