Jeter to announce decision tonight on ESPNU

Today is the day Duke fans have been waiting for, as coveted recruit Chase Jeter will finally announce his college decision at 7 p.m. on ESPNU during their coverage of Adidas Nations.

Duke is looking for Jeter to join Luke Kennard and become the second member of the Class of 2015.

The 6-foot-10 Las Vegas native attends Bishop Gorman High School and plays for the Dream Vision AAU team. He is currently ranked 13th in ESPN top 100 and 9th on Scout.com.

When asked about the talented recruit ESPN’s Paul Biancardi had this to say:

“In a class where the big men make it special, Jeter is one of the elite post players, He has the ability to score in the low post with his back to the basket utilizing the jump hook inside, his go to move. Additionally, he is a very committed and consistent rebounder who runs the floor well resulting in easy baskets on offense and preventing them on defense.”

Before his announcement Jeter made comments about all four of his final schools:

On Duke:

"It's a great school. Coach K, I have a good relationship with him and all of his staff. Duke has a great history in basketball and they have a great style of play in terms of how they get up-and-down with their recruits."

On Arizona:

"I got a chance to play for Coach Miller at USA Basketball. That was real special. And another thing was their style of play as well. They get up-and-down and they run sets. I feel like I would fit into their program pretty well."

On UNLV:

"UNLV is in my backyard and they have a great style of play. I have a great relationship with Coach Rice and all of his staff and they're at all my stuff. My Dad played there and won the championship there in 1990 so that's special and I'd like to continue to type of lineage."

On UCLA:

"Another place that's close to home. Love their style of play. Coach Alford has done a great job of skill development and developing pros. And I just feel like that would be a great spot that is close to home."

When it comes to his actual decision, Jeter is confident in his decision and that he made up his mind last week.

"I made my decision last week, I'm 100 percent positive in my decision and I feel comfortable," he said in an interview with Scout.com "I talked about it with my family. They said I should go wherever I feel most comfortable and that's what I did."

Without reading too much into his quotes, Jeter does seem to be gushing about Duke, which hopefully is a preview of things to come tonight. At the time of publication, 24/7 Crystal Ball has Duke as the heavy favorite with 97% of the votes or 33 of the 34 votes. UCLA holds the other vote, as Bruins insider Neal Nieves is the lone supporter.

While, Nieves may be the only vote so far, he was also the only analyst to pick Kevin Looney to UCLA last year. Another point in UCLA’s favor is that Bishop Gorman was the home to former UCLA player Shabazz Muhammad.

Check back in with Blue Zone tonight, as we will break down his decision, explain how it affects Duke’s other recruitments and continue to provide up to the minute reactions. Deep breath everyone. It’s almost here. 7 p.m. ESPNU.

Share and discuss “Jeter to announce decision tonight on ESPNU” on social media.