Jabari Parker announcement still on hold

There is no timetable for Jabari Parker to announce whether he is staying in school or departing for the NBA.

Contrary to media reports earlier in the week, Jabari Parker will not announce Wednesday whether he has played his final game in a Duke uniform.

The 6-foot-8 forward will not reveal Wednesday whether he will return for a sophomore season with the Blue Devils or enter the 2014 NBA draft. Parker had previously appeared on ESPN's SportsNation Friday and said he would make a decision regarding his professional future by "Tuesday or Wednesday."

Parker met with Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski Tuesday to discuss his future. Although the Associated Press had previously reported Parker would come to a decision Wednesday, nowhere did that say he was planning on making an announcement.

Parker has until April 27 to declare for the NBA draft. Because he did not declare before April 15, Parker's decision to declare would be final and he would lose his remaining three years of NCAA eligibility.

The Chicago native was in Oklahoma City Monday to receive the Wayman Tisdale Award, awarded annually to college basketball's top freshman. He led the Blue Devils in scoring with 19.1 points per game and his 8.7 rebounds per game were tops in the ACC. Parker was also named a first-team All-American, ACC Rookie of the Year and was a finalist for the Wooden and Naismith Awards.

Should he make the leap to the NBA, Parker is touted as a consensus top-three pick and could be taken first overall. He would be the third Duke player in the past four years to depart for the pros after just one year of college basketball.

Share and discuss “Jabari Parker announcement still on hold” on social media.