Report: Seth Curry receives NBA training camp invites

A nagging ankle injury did not stop Seth Curry from scoring 17.5 points per game and shooting 43.8 percent from beyond the arc during his senior season at Duke. But offseason surgery to repair that ankle ultimately kept Curry out of predraft workouts, killed the shooting guard's chances of being selected in the NBA draft and even prevented him from participating in summer league.

Generic Script

But Curry finally appears to be healthy, and teams are not ignoring the sharpshooter's past performance and NBA pedigree. According to a report from SportingNews.com, Curry has already received invitations to join the Minnesota Timberwolves, San Antonio Spurs and Golden State Warriors for training camp. The 6-foot-2 guard will also workout for the Charlotte Bobcats, the team who invited Curry to suit up in the Las Vegas Summer League, in August.

There is no telling how many more offers could pile up for Curry and when NBA training camps open nearly two months from now, but the former Blue Devil already has a number of foreseeable options already. Curry's older brother, Stephen, is a star for the Warriors. His father, Dell, spent 10 of his 15 NBA seasons playing for the Charlotte Hornets, a name which the Bobcats are set to retain at the beginning of the 2014-15 season. Curry also grew up in the Queen City, and mentioned his specific desire to return and play there in his interview with Sporting News.

"It's my home," Curry said. "This is where I grew up. I would love to come back here [to Charlotte] and play."

And of course, with head coach Greg Popovich's knack for developing role players, don't count the Spurs out either. The defending Western Conference champs could see Curry as a player who could provide energy off the bench, and although Curry is a bit undersized to play off-guard in the NBA, Popovich could try to tap into Curry's shooting potential to give San Antonio another weapon.

Curry will definitely be one of the more interesting stories to follow throughout the summer. As the start of training camps draw nearer, it is possible Curry could have quite a decision to make.

In other Duke news: The Boston Celtics cut ties with former Blue Devil Shavlik Randolph yesterday. The forward, who averaged 4.2 points per game for Boston last season, was waived to make room for 2013 draft selection Colton Iverson. Celtics general manager Danny Ainge made the move the day before he would have had to guarantee Randolph's $1.1 million contract for next season.

Share and discuss “Report: Seth Curry receives NBA training camp invites” on social media.