Duke represented on 4 teams in Orlando Summer League

Four former Duke basketball players will take the floor in the Orlando Summer League, which is set to begin Sunday.

Generic Script

Mason Plumlee, who was selected in the first round of the 2013 NBA draft by the Brooklyn Nets with the 22nd pick, will wear an NBA uniform for the first time in Summer League action. Earlier this week, Plumlee revealed that he will be abandoning No. 5, which he wore for four years at Duke, in the NBA. Plumlee's former number is likely to be worn by Kevin Garnett, who was recently acquired by Brooklyn in a blockbuster deal. Plumlee will instead don No. 1 next year for the Nets.

https://twitter.com/masonplumlee/status/352508579481255936

Mason's older brother, Miles Plumlee, will participate in Summer League for the second time in his NBA career. Miles was selected in the first round of the 2012 NBA draft by the Indiana Pacers, 26th overall. He played just 14 games for the Pacers during his rookie season, averaging 0.9 points and 1.6 rebounds per contest. Miles spent the majority of his rookie season shuttling between Indiana and the Fort Wayne Mad Ants of the NBA Development League.

Nolan Smith is currently an unrestricted free agent, but will suit up for the Boston Celtics this summer. Smith spent his first two seasons with the Portland Trail Blazers, who selected the guard with the 21st pick in the 2011 NBA draft. He appeared in 84 games for the Trail Blazers, making four starts in his first two NBA seasons and averaging 3.3 points per game. But Smith found himself behind guards like Damian Lillard, Wesley Matthews and Eric Maynor in Portland's rotation and decided to test the free agency waters.

Rounding out the group of former Blue Devils is Kyle Singler, who will play alongside his younger brother E.J. with the Detroit Pistons. Kyle Singler was selected by Detroit in the second round of the 2011 NBA draft, 35th overall. He spent his lockout-shortened rookie season playing for two teams in Spain before making his NBA debut in 2012. Singler appeared in all 82 games for the Pistons last year, averaging 8.8 points per game and earning NBA All-Rookie Second Team honors.

Smith and the Celtics will begin action against the Orlando Magic Sunday at 11 a.m. Miles Plumlee's Indiana Pacers will square off with the Oklahoma City Thunder at 3 p.m. Singler's Pistons will face Mason Plumlee and the Brooklyn Nets at 5 p.m.

Share and discuss “Duke represented on 4 teams in Orlando Summer League” on social media.