Todd Zafirovski announces he will return for fifth season with Duke basketball

Redshirt senior Todd Zafirovski announced Friday afternoon that he will enroll in the Fuqua School of Business next year and play one final season with Duke.

https://twitter.com/TdotZaf/status/343071619641659393

Zafirovski's return was a long speculated one. After not appearing in any game action as a freshman walk-on, Zafirovski retained his fifth year of eligibility and was expected to return for another year with the Blue Devils.

A 6-foot-9 forward from Lake Forest, Ill., Zafirovski appeared in a career-high seven contests for Duke during the 2012-13 season. scoring the first points of his career and adding his first-career block in a win against Delaware Dec. 1, 2012. Zafirovski also saw action against Cornell, Elon, Clemson, Boston College and in both of the Blue Devils' victories against Virginia Tech.

One of the team's fan-favorites, Zafirovski scored a career-high three points in Duke's victory against Cornell Dec. 19, 2012. He finished the season with five points, three rebounds, a block and a steal in 16 minutes of action, shooting 2-of-4 from the field and 1-for-4 from the free throw line.

For a look back at Zafirovski's collegiate journey, check out The Chronicle's feature following his the first points of his collegiate career.

Share and discuss “Todd Zafirovski announces he will return for fifth season with Duke basketball” on social media.