Duke target Harry Giles tears ACL, MCL, meniscus

Harry Giles, ranked the No. 1 player in the Class of 2016 by ESPN, tore his ACL, MCL and meniscus last week. The injury was suffered while playing for the United States in the FIBA Americas U16 Championships in Uruguay. No date has been set for his surgery.

Generic Script

Giles, a Winston-Salem, N.C. native, has made unofficial visits to Duke a number of times during his high school career. He was most recently on hand to watch the Blue Devils defeat Miami at home in March.

The 6-foot-9 forward does not hold a scholarship offer from Duke yet, but was expected to receive an offer in the near future. North Carolina offered Giles a scholarship last season, when he was just 14 years old. An offer from N.C. State followed soon after.

Following his injury, Giles' sophomore season at Wesleyan Christian Academy is in serious jeopardy. Giles and North Carolina commit Theo Pinson led the Trojans to a state championship last season.

https://twitter.com/DaveTelep/status/347345787518345216

After suffering a major knee injury, it appears Giles' recruiting process may be put on hold for the time being, as coaches await to see how he can return to form following what could be a lengthy rehab process.

Share and discuss “Duke target Harry Giles tears ACL, MCL, meniscus” on social media.