Duke to take on Michigan in 2013 ACC-Big Ten Challenge

Update (2:07 p.m.): The ACC has released all 12 matchups for the ACC-Big Ten Challenge. Duke will take on Michigan Tuesday, Dec. 3.

Duke faced three top-five teams in its first seven games of the 2012-13 season. It appears the Blue Devils will have no shortage of marquee opponents when it kicks off the 2013-14 season, either.

With the matchups for next year's ACC-Big Ten Challenge soon to be announced, sophomore guard Spike Albrecht tweeted Wednesday afternoon that Michigan would travel to Cameron Indoor Stadium to square off with Duke.

Despite Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway Jr.'s departures to the NBA Draft, the Wolverines will return a number of key contributors from a team that fell 82-76 to Louisville in last year's national championship game. Headlining the bunch will be guards Glenn Robinson III and Nik Stauskas as well as forward Mitch McGary, who was recruited heavily by the Blue Devils before committing to Michigan.

Last year, Duke hosted then-No. 4 Ohio State in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge, defeating the Buckeyes 73-68.

Other reported matchups for next year's ACC-Big Ten Challenge include North Carolina playing at Michigan State, ACC newcomer Syracuse hosting Indiana at the Carrier Dome and first-year Northwestern head coach Chris Collins returning to the Triangle to take on N.C. State.

Share and discuss “Duke to take on Michigan in 2013 ACC-Big Ten Challenge” on social media.