Duke women's lacrosse falls to No. 4 Northwestern

The Blue Devils continue to struggle on the offensive end and have now lost three games in a row.

The Blue Devils went into halftime scoreless and finished the game with their season-low in goals with just four against the No. 4 team in the nation. No. 9 Duke fell 12-4 to Northwestern Friday, dropping its third consectuive contest.

The Wildcats (12-1) have dominated the world of college lacrosse in recent years, winning the National Championship seven of the last eight seasons.

Duke (9-4) was unable to shut down Northwestern senior midfieler, Erin Fitzgerald who netted five goals for the Wildcats. Fitzgerald was one of nine Northwestern players to notch at least one point in the contest.

Freshman Blue Devil goaltender Kelsey Duryea, who lead the nation in save percentage and saves per game prior to Friday night’s contest, made six saves on the night, four of which came in the second period of play.

Duke’s offensive production came from Mackenzie Hommel, Erin Tenneson, Maddy Acton and Taylor Trimble, who converted one goal apiece for the Blue Devils.

Duke looks to end its losing skid when it returns to the field Wednesday against Davidson in Davidson, N.C.

Share and discuss “Duke women's lacrosse falls to No. 4 Northwestern” on social media.