AskChron: ACC Tournament seeding, big men recruits, Washington D.C. regional

In the lull before tonight's Duke-North Carolina basketball game we went to our Twitter account @dukebasketball to ask followers for some questions.

Here are a few:

Andrew Beaton: The Blue Devils have locked up the No. 2 seed in the ACC Tournament, regardless of if they lose to North Carolina in tonight's regular season finale. If Duke loses, both teams would have a 13-5 conference record, but the Blue Devils would take the second spot in the tournament through the tiebreaker.

AB: It very well looks like Duke could end up in Washington, D.C., though a lot can change in the conference tournaments. ESPN bracketologist Joe Lunardi has the Blue Devils as the No. 1 seed in the East Regional, which plays its first round games in Philadelphia and its regionals at the Verizon Center in the nation's capital.

AB: With a number of teams close at the top of the rankings, Duke still needs to finish the year well for a No. 1 seed. Even if the Blue Devils fall at UNC tonight, winning the ACC Tournament should be able to get them one. A lot of it depends on what the other top teams do—Michigan and Georgetown could also threaten for top spots.

AB: Duke is pretty set with its crew, and it's a good one: No. 2 Jabari Parker, No. 32 Matt Jones and No. 36 Semi Ojeleye, according to ESPN's rankings. Parker is the star of the crew but Jones is a top-rated shooting guard who has a smooth stroke and Ojeleye is an athletic 6-foot-6 forward who should develop into a solid wing and defender. It looks like the crew of post players will be Marshall Plumlee, Josh Hairston and Amile Jefferson... in addition to former walk-on Todd Zafirovski.

But consider the size they have on the wing, all capable of player the four at the collegiate level: 6-foot-8 Alex Murphy, 6-foot-8 Rodney Hood and Parker, who is also 6-foot-8. Duke's lineup next year may be small according to traditional standards but the crew will be extremely athletic and sizy on the wing.

Share and discuss “AskChron: ACC Tournament seeding, big men recruits, Washington D.C. regional” on social media.