Duke basketball moves up to No. 4 in the AP Poll

With the two top teams in the nation losing this past weekend, the Blue Devils moved up one spot in the AP Poll.

Following its first two true road victories of the season, No. 4 Duke has extended its streak of being ranked in the top 10 to 107 consecutive weeks.

Kansas, which held the No. 2 ranking last week, dropped to No. 5 after losing to Oklahoma State Saturday, 85-80, moving the Cowboys into the poll at No. 22 and paving the way for the Blue Devils to move up in the poll.

Michigan, which had its first No. 1 appearance in more than 20 years last week, also dropped in the rankings from first to No. 3 following an 81-73 loss at Indiana. The Hoosiers now sit atop the rankings again with 58 of 65 first-place votes, marking the fifth consecutive week that there has been a new No.1.

Earning the other seven first-place votes, Florida now has the No. 2 spot. The Gators have not lost since Dec. 22, and have won by more than 14 in each of the 10 games since then.

After escaping with a 79-78 win at N.C. State Saturday, ACC leader Miami has joined Duke in the top 10. Miami jumped from 14th last week to eighth in this week’s poll. The ranking ties the 1960 Hurricanes squad for the highest AP Poll ranking in program history.

Share and discuss “Duke basketball moves up to No. 4 in the AP Poll” on social media.