Ryan Kelly out indefinitely with right foot injury

This just in: Ryan Kelly is sidelined indefinitely and will not play Saturday against N.C. State after aggravating a foot injury in the first half of the Duke basketball's 68-40 win against Clemson on Tuesday.

"We feel very badly for Ryan,” head coach Mike Krzyzewski said in a press release. “He is playing the best basketball of his career and this is a tough setback for him. We’re hoping for a good recovery and we are optimistic about his return.”

Kelly scored 12 points in the first half but was not on the court or on the bench as the second half resumed. A couple of minutes into play he joined the team on the bench in his warmup outfit and did not return to action.

Kelly reinjured his foot at some point during the first half—head coach Mike Krzyzewski said he was not sure when the injury happened. Kelly was even subbed back in for the team's final possession of the first half.

The foot is the same foot that Kelly aggravated in December after previously missing the ACC and NCAA Tournaments last season.

Kelly, a 6-foot-11 forward, is averaging a career-high 13.4 points per game this season to go along with 5.4 rebounds per game. He has excelled from beyond the arc this season, hitting 52.1% of his 3-pointers.

Share and discuss “Ryan Kelly out indefinitely with right foot injury” on social media.