Ryan Kelly injury tid-bits following Duke-Maryland

There still isn't any new news on Ryan Kelly's foot injury or a timetable for when he might return.

The senior forward is out indefinitely, but Duke played its best game without him against Maryland, winning 84-64 at Cameron Indoor Stadium on Saturday.

Even though nobody had any updates, Duke basketball head coach Mike Krzyzewski said he expects his veteran and co-captain to return at some point, even if it's late in the season.

"We're obviously a different team without Ryan and we have to play like we won't have him," Coach K said. "I think we will have him at some time, but we have to figure out who we are without him."

Although that might not seem extremely notable, many have speculated that Kelly could ultimately be out for the entire season. That was never ruled out, but hearing Coach K say he think Kelly will be back at some point has to be good news for Duke fans.

The other theme from Coach K and the players is that the Blue Devils need to move on from his injury and figure out what type of team they are without him. Easily beating a talented Maryland squad was a strong start to that.

"This is good because we're not gonna have Ryan for a while," Mason Plumlee said after the game. "We're kind of getting our identity."

Share and discuss “Ryan Kelly injury tid-bits following Duke-Maryland” on social media.