Best signs from Duke-Maryland basketball

Duke basketball fans like to chant, "Not our rivals!" when Maryland comes to town, making fun of the Terrapins' excitement for playing the Blue Devils, who view North Carolina as their primary rival.

But there is undoubtedly an extra bit of spice for any Duke-Maryland game, and that was certainly true at Cameron Indoor Stadium Saturday for the Blue Devils' 84-64 victory. It was the first time the two teams met on the hardwood since Maryland announced earlier in the academic year it would be leaving the ACC for the Big Ten.

Naturally, the Cameron Crazies had fun with their signs. Many held up a banner ad from the Friday edition of The Chronicle that read, "Good Riddance" but many opted for more creative, homemade designs

Among the best:

• "Spear the Turtle"—Cleverly making fun of the school's "Fear the Turtle" motto.
  • "We won't miss you."
  • "Cameron is Best for Stewing"—The letters "C," "B" and "S" were capitalized and aligned vertically with the game televised nationally on CBS.
  • "Maryland, stop trying to make a rivalry happen. It's not going to happen."—This posted on a picture of Regina George from the movie "Mean Girls." Making fun of another girl trying to use the word "fetch" to mean fashionable, Georgie says, "Gretchen, stop trying to make fetch happen. It's not going to happen."

2013/01/27 MBB vs. Maryland Signs - Images by Duke Student Publishing Co. Duke Chronicle

Share and discuss “Best signs from Duke-Maryland basketball” on social media.