The key three: Duke basketball vs. Ohio State

Just three days ago, Duke secured the Battle 4 Atlantis with a gutsy win against then-No. 2 Louisville. But the Blue Devils’ work is far from finished. Tonight’s marquee matchup between No. 2 Duke and No. 4 Ohio State is sure to be a dramatic contest.

As students continue to fill Krzyzewskiville in anticipation of tonight’s game, here are three things to watch for.

Points of Concern: The Cook-Craft Matchup

Following a breakout sophomore season, Aaron Craft enters Cameron Indoor Stadium averaging 14.3 points per game and 5.3 assists per game. Craft’s athletic and fundamental skills are only further augmented by his high basketball IQ. The reigning Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year will be playing opposite Quinn Cook, who may be engineering a breakout sophomore season of his own. Cook’s impressive performance in Paradise Island earned him Battle 4 Atlantis Most Outstanding Player honors. Averaging 10.7 points per game, Cook’s production has skyrocketed this season along with his playing time. The duel between these two talented field generals will heavily influence tonight’s outcome.

Chairmen of the boards

Rebounding will be crucial in tonight’s game. Duke has been outrebounded in their last three games, but Mason Plumlee and Ryan Kelly should be able to utilize their size advantage and crash the boards. Duke will look to limit the Buckeye’s second-chance opportunities, and they also must strive to capitalize on the other end. Offensive rebounding will be a great way to generate open shots for sharpshooters.

Kelly could spend a lot of the game guarding Buckeye Deshaun Thomas, who is averaging 24.0 points per game, hitting three 3-pointers per game. Kelly must make sure, however, not to neglect his responsibilities on the boards as he tries to shut down Ohio State's top scoring threat.

Success from the charity stripe:

Ohio State holds a slight edge in most offensive categories with the key exception of free throw percentage. As a team, the Blue Devils are shooting a remarkable 79.1% from the line this season in contrast with Ohio State’s 67.8%. Senior Mason Plumlee has played a huge role in the Blue Devils’ free throw success. Foul shooting was Plumlee’s most troublesome weakness last year as he shot 52.8%, but this season he is shooting 80.0% from the line. In a game that could likely come down to the last possession, two foul shots could prove the difference between win and a loss.

Check back here for live analysis during the game and follow @dukebasketball on Twitter for the most up-to-date notes.

Share and discuss “The key three: Duke basketball vs. Ohio State” on social media.