Duke target Jabari Parker to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated

Chicago high school basketball prodigy and Duke target Jabari Parker will add to his illustrious resume next month when becomes the first high school basketball player since Lebron James to be feature on the cover of Sports Illustrated. The cover refers to Parker as “best high school basketball player since LeBron James," with a picture courtesy of Chicago Hoops.

The honor will continue to fuel the hype of Parker's highly contested recruitment, which Blue Devil head coach Mike Krzyzewski is heavily invested in. Parker, the consesus No. 1 ranked player in the class of 2013, is considering Duke, North Carolina, Washington, Illonois, Michigan State, Kentucky and Kansas, among others.

Current rumblings indicate that Spartan head coach Tom Izzo may be in the lead for landing Parker's services, however, this is pure speculation at this point. Parker and his family have not publicly shown any signs of favoritism.

Since receiving a scholarship offer from Duke in 2010, Parker, who plays on the Mac Irvin Fire AAU team, has been closely tracked by the Blue Devil coaching staff during evualtion periods.

Parker last visited Duke in January of 2011 for the home game against Maryland. Due to his busy basketball schedule at Simeon high school, who plays a national schedule, Parker was unable to take an unofficial visit to Durham this past season.

No definite timetable for Parker's college announcement has been set, though, he has expressed that a fall decision is possible. Parker will likely take all five of his official visits, one of which Duke will be expected to receive.

Share and discuss “Duke target Jabari Parker to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated” on social media.