Loaded Maui Invitational bracket released

Duke faces a daunting trip to this year's Maui Invitational, which sports an eight-team bracket highlighted by Kansas, Georgetown and Memphis. 

The Blue Devils will play Belmont on Nov. 11 as part of the tournament's Opening Games. Regardless of the outcome, Duke will travel to Maui, Hawaii, from Nov. 21-23 for the Championship Round.

The marquee first round game takes place on Nov. 21 between the Jayhawks and Hoyas. Both teams have big holes to fill in their starting lineups, though, as Kansas faces the loss of the Morris twins and Josh Selby and Georgetown must replace Chris Wright and Austin Freeman.

On the same day, Duke will take on Tennessee. The Volunteers stumbled down the stretch in 2010-11, losing eight of their final 12, including a 75-45 beatdown at the hands of Michigan in the opening round of the NCAA tournament. New head coach Cuonzo Martin has his work cut out for him, especially after losing Tobias Harris and Scotty Hopson to the NBA Draft.

A win over the Volunteers would send the Blue Devils on to play the winner of the matchup between the Wolverines and Memphis.

On the other side of the bracket, Travis and David Wear, formerly of the North Carolina Tarheels, will make their long-awaited debut for UCLA. The Bruins will open against Chaminade.

The complete bracket can be found here.

Share and discuss “Loaded Maui Invitational bracket released” on social media.