Fox Sports Fail

Anyone know somebody in the Fox Sports IT department? It seems as if they have some confusion as to who former Duke guard Jasmine Thomas is.

The below picture, a screenshot from their player page for the current Washington Mystics point guard, is littered with errors, primarily featuring a picture of a guy in a hockey uniform who looks nothing like Thomas. The picture is actually of San Jose Sharks backup goaltender Carter Hutton, of the National Hockey League. Adding more to the hilarity of the page is that the logo next to Thomas's name isn't even for the Sharks; it is the logo for the Dallas Stars, another NHL team. Additionally, the website URL has it filed under the NHL category.

Generic Script

Thomas was selected in the first round of this year's WNBA draft by the Seattle Storm, but was traded prior to the season. The 2011 second team All-American plays in Washington with Karima Christmas, who also graduated from Duke this year.

In limited playing time for the 2-8 Mystics, Thomas is averaging 3.7 points and 1.6 assists per game. In similar minutes, Christmas has nailed 4.2 points and 1.7 rebounds a contest.

All three seniors from last year's team have already seen action so far in the young WNBA season with the third, center Krystal Thomas, getting in four of 10 games for the Storm this season, although she has yet to score.

Share and discuss “Fox Sports Fail” on social media.