LIVE BLOG: Duke 92, Clemson 37 FINAL

2:44 2nd Half: Duke 86, Clemson 35

The Blue Devils held an opponent to fewer points this season (Georgia Tech only scored 32) and probably won't match their season high for points (93 against Pittsburgh) the margin of victory is by far the largest. The Tigers couldn't compete athletically with Duke and it showed in the scoreboard and just about every meaningful statistic. This will be the last post on the liveblog. I hope you enjoyed the game; check tomorrow's Chronicle for full coverage of tonight's game.

4:20 2nd Half: Duke 84, Clemson 32

Krystal Thomas and Jasmine Thomas exit the game at successive stoppages and the seniors are each greeted with a hearty round of applause. Krystal Thomas finished with 11 points and 11 boards while Jasmine Thomas put up 14 points and seven assists.

7:18 2nd Half: Duke 82, Clemson 27

Duke has a very young lineup on the floor, with four freshmen alongside senior Krystal Thomas. McCallie is probably just trying to get the youngsters some experience. Go ahead and count this as the Blue Devils' 16th straight win over the Tigers, their 20th of the year and their 19th straight in Cameron Indoor Stadium. They've looked virtually unstoppable today. Hopefully they can get this type of team effort against UConn this weekend.

10:30 2nd Half: Duke 78, Clemson 24

This half has seen more physical play as the Blue Devils are already in the bonus. Duke is now out of its press, but is still forcing turnovers by putting pressure on Clemson's perimeter players. There's no doubt this one is basically over.

12:33 2nd Half: Duke 68, Clemson 22

Duke has resumed its press, though it is only of the 3/4-court variety. Clemson hits its first 3-pointer of the game with about 13:45 left in the game. Clemson is proving that isn't as bad as its showing in the later part of the first half. But it's definitely  too little, too late, as Duke is still putting in solid effort and running the floor.

15:49 2nd Half: Duke 63, Clemson 16

Duke hasn't shown any signs of slowing down, although they did allow Clemson more points in the first three minutes of the second half than they did for the last eight-plus minutes of the first half. And head coach Joanne P. McCallie has called off the press this half. Honestly, I don't know why that didn't happen  earlier.

Halftime: Duke 59, Clemson 12

Here are some stats to summarize the half:

• Assists—Duke: 16 on 23 made FG, Clemson: 1 on 5 made FG
  • Scoring distribution—All 11 players on Duke's roster have scored as a result of Scheer's buzzer-beating 3 to end the half. 2 Clemson players have scored.
  • Duke has forced 19 turnovers and has 27 points off those turnovers. Clemson has forced 8 turnovers but has not converted those into any points.
  • Clemson is 0-8 from beyond the arc. Duke is 8-15.

Halftime: Duke 59, Clemson 12

Clemson's Lindsey Mason finally gets on the board with 1:39 left in the half. With Wright out of the ballgame for a good three minutes, the Clemson side of the scoreboard showed nobody on the floor with any points. Duke caps off an unbelievable first half with a buzzer beater by Kathleen Scheer. Duke is distributing the basketball in a way that has to make Kyrie Irving and Nolan Smith (both of whom are in attendance) proud.

2:54 1st Half: Duke 50, Clemson 10

Duke is really running away with this game right now. They've just hit a couple transition buckets, including an and-one situation coming up for freshman Richa Jackson. Clemson  just can't seem to catch a break.

7:01 1st Half: Duke 39, Clemson 10

Clemson's only scorer to this point is senior wing Kirstyn Wright. She may be leading the game in scoring, but it's not enough to stop Duke's fearsome press. Chloe Wells comes up with yet ANOTHER steal for the Blue Devils and takes it home for the easy layup. The Tigers just can't get anything going.

8:07 1st Half: Duke 35, Clemson 10

Coming out of the under-12 timeout, some good ball movement allows Chelsea Gray to set up Haley Peters for a pretty midrange jumper from the baseline. A couple of possessions later, Gray knocks down a 3. On the ensuing possession, Selby steals the ball and hits freshman Tricia Liston with an awesome behind the back pass. While Liston can't convert the layup, she's able to force a jump ball once Clemson takes possession. Not to be outdone in the hustle department, Selby dives out of bounds for a loose ball, falling into the crowd and destroying my colleague's computer in the process. It may be a blowout, but the Blue Devils are determined not to let up.

11:46 1st Half: Duke 23, Clemson 7

Duke has gone into a press off of made baskets and Clemson looks unsure of how to handle the Blue Devils' superior athletic ability. Shay Selby already has six points off a couple of made 3's and the great ball movement continues from Duke. The Tigers are still showing effort and are rewarded with a couple of layups. But Duke keeps on bringing the pressure, controlling the boards and shooting well inside and outside the arc. It's a blowout, but if the N.C. State game showed anything, it's that no lead is safe.

14:46 1st Half: Duke 11, Clemson 2

Duke is taking clear control of this game and Clemson is forced to call a timeout as the Tigers now trail by nine. The last two scores have both been wide open looks for the Blue Devils, coming as a result of good passing..

15:46 1st Half: Duke 7, Clemson 2

And we're underway here in Durham as the Blue Devils have ripped off seven straight following the opening basket by the Tigers. Jasmine Thomas just hit a 3, something she wasn't able to do in the first half against N.C. State

Pregame:

We're here in Cameron Indoor Stadium awaiting the tip-off between the No. 3 Duke Blue Devils (19-0, 5-0 in the ACC) and the Clemson Tigers (9-12, 2-4). Duke will look to build off the momentum it had in the second half of the N.C. State game while Clemson looks to rebound from a string of disappointing losses. Duke should be a heavy favorite for this game.

Share and discuss “LIVE BLOG: Duke 92, Clemson 37 FINAL” on social media.