A fool and his chalupa

College students do a lot of idiotic things.

Some get so drunk that they can't walk. Others do drugs. And still other college kids endanger their safety with reckless behavior.

But some people are exceptionally stupid, and Dion Rayford, a student at the University of Kansas, is just one such person.

A 6-foot-3 senior defensive end for Kansas' football team, Rayford was at a Taco Bell drive-thru in Lawrence, Kansas late Tuesday night when he discovered that the restaurant staff had shorted him on his order-the chalupa he requested was missing.

Rather than calmly notifying the Taco Bell staff of this omission, or even yelling at the staff, the jackass went after them. While attempting to charge his way through the drive-thru window to, presumably, physically attack someone, Rayford's fat 270-pound ass got stuck in the 14-by-46-inch drive-thru window. The restaurant staff ran from Rayford, hiding in a small office, and it took some time to dislodge the big man.

In court on Wednesday, Rayford was charged with disorderly conduct, having an open container of alcohol while driving and misdemeanor damage to property. As Lawrence police Sgt. George Wheeler told the Associated Press, "When you take a big guy and put him through a small space, something's got to give."

No kidding.

And to add insult to, er, insult, Rayford has been suspended from the final football game of his college career, Saturday's clash with Iowa State.

A Taco Bell spokesdog suggested that Rayford's frustations were understandable. Sometimes, it said, "Yo quiero Taco Bell."

-By Kevin Pride

Share and discuss “A fool and his chalupa” on social media.